“The very first thing I tell every intern on the first day is that their Internship exists solely on their resume.For all the negative stereotypes about millenials , you would be astounded by how hard they work when they believe their contribution matters.”
The above quotation by Jay Samit , a Serial Entrepreneur, stands as a mute testimony towards the fact that the only way to trace down the lines of success is to analyse and learn as an intern in what your highest priorities are, complementing procaffenated decisions towards the same.
Starting a journey from a school graduate to a degree holder in particular specialisations in various arenas of study and research, we come across countless situations and also, undoubtedly , invent the ways to tackle them BUT meanwhile,
Have we ever given a second sight towards our own interests and persuasions apart from RACING THE RUN of just a given set of course?
Have you ever been planted by a thought saying,”Why are you different from others except your appearance?’ OR for instance, what will be your answer to an Interviewer to his question stating,”Why you should be recruited to our Company, what makes you more skillful and resourceful than others?”
Now,dragging your pens down from a monotonous and conventional ruminations of your career , let us see where the WORLD is heading now and to what extent the powers of comprehensions improvise to your life…
Grades do not measure your intelligence or the qualities within you completely, just as age does not define maturity. In this magnanimous era of competitive markets, we all sell our minds and our skills. Research shows that
- 6% of the recruiters look for multitasking skills; 31% look for initiative ; 31% look for creative thinking and the rest 12% focus on the to be commercials: gray cells of the extraordinary candidates.
- On average, the number of people who apply for any given job is 118, only 20% of these applicants get an interview.
Clearly, these numbers portrays a crystallised facet of the economic world that would shape and sketch your career all the way from raw and fresh skills to the required sophisticated and professional skills to meet the challenges in this era. It is only one way down, if we connect the dots of this canvas joining- skills, organising factor,creativity,innovation,professional experience and the much needed confidence , it sums up the ladder with the destination as INTERNSHIP which can give you a far better head start than any other track to escort this combative globe.
INTERNSHIPS AS INVESTMENTS !
Skills and work experience is what gives you that competitive Edge over others be it in the area of Technical skills, Soft skills or Content Developer skills, it is these assets which counts and make a huge difference in the selection process by the most trivial delicacies weaving your efforts. Here are just a few reasons why internships are investments in your future:
- Real world Experience and Professional Exposure- Joining the company as an intern gives you the opportunity to work hands in a professional environment .Think of it like this – Internships are a way to drive possible jobs and explore different career options.
- Networking – Internships often give the opportunity to attend meetings or discussions and events. By interacting with professionals, you gain new connections and learn to communicate the correct within the correct contexts. Networking helps acquire references and so find new job opportunities by even providing a professional mentor as well.
- Discover the entrepreneur in you -Internships helps in figuring out your mindset towards industries as to be an employee or you would start as a young entrepreneur in an industry of your choice. It glorifies and identifies your strengths and visions towards your goal in career.
- Resume Builder – As a college student, we all know the importance of a strong resume in order to claim a position accordingly. Employers give much more preference to someone with internships and work experience together rather than someone with a generic resume , lacking experience to work.
- Career Foundation- It provides as the building blocks you need for your future. As an intern , you have the opportunity to get your foot in the door with a company as employers often use internships as a recruitment tool to test out future employees which in return is a potential weapon.
6.Time Management- Going through any of the Internships of your choice , you will become a master of time management. while working in a fast paced professional environment, you will gradually learn that every minute counts , so it forms a vital part of your white-collared life.
7.Hype in earning- As recruiters want to see experience in the new college grads they hire, so there may be a hype in your earnings as well owing to internships
8.Develops Skills galore
WHAT CAN BE THE BEST TIME TO APPLY FOR INTERNSHIPS ?
It would be a cherry on a cake if you apply as early as your freshman year of college. Most of the colleges do not award the credit after the fact if you have not registered in advance for the Internship experience. Subsequently, by my own experience , monthwise ,May to November is a good time to start reaching out to employers for a spring Internship.Also, local slots for unpaid Government organised Internships are often filled on a first-come,first served basis.Continuing the same , competitive paid Summer Internships will have deadlines as early as the late fall.The most favorable period being January to March.
You can also go for EKS programs which hire you on the basis of EXPERIENCE , KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS. There are many current job openings for college and entry -level professionals. These generally offer internships in the field of :
- Audit as an Audit Intern, Consulting as a Consulting Intern -Accounting Solutions or as a Consulting Intern- Transaction Services.
- Summer Leadership Program (SLP) as a Summer Leadership Program
- In the field of Taxation as a Tax intern.
WHAT ARE THE ONLINE THREADS TO SPIN YOUR INTERNSHIP INTERESTS :
There are a number of online portals and startups which offers Internships on every field in which you want your foot into, namely
- STRABAG Intern
- SKADA Summer internship
- Infinite Intern
- Internships Jobs , to name a few.
Ending this panoramic view of the sensexed globe with your career contemplations ,a very popular quotation finds its place apt in today’s satirical but reckoned career markets by BILL GATES,”I failed my exam in some subjects.But my friend passed. Now , he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the OWNER.”
So, friends buck up your shoes and extemporise your career fearlessly Justifying your Road not Taken….because at the end of the day, we write our own destiny!
Internships at Class Connect
At Class Connect, we believe that our team is our biggest strength and we take pride in hiring ONLY the best and the brightest. We genuinely believe that our interns play a very significant role in the overall success of the venture and wish that they have a enjoyable, learning packed and truly meaningful experience with us.
We have various interns positions open. Feel free to drop in your application if you willing to learn and enhance your skills commuciation skills, designing skills and marketing skills and create something extravagant for college students.
Links to all open internships are given below.